You probably already know that hardwood floors are a great way to add curb appeal to your home, but do you know how hard the surface can be too clean? If you are an experienced do-it-yourselfer or are just not that handy, cleaning hardwood floors can be a challenge. Read on to learn more about hardwood floor cleaning near me.
* There is more than one type of hardwood flooring. Here’s a short list of the many types of hardwood floors available in stores today: cherry, oak, maple, pine, and sassafras. Each of these hardwoods has its own unique type of stains and finish and can take a long time to clean. This article will focus on different wood types and how they can affect the way you clean your hardwood floor.
* Hardwood floor cleaning is often more difficult than carpet cleaning because the surface of the floor is slippery. To make this easier, you can spray a liquid cleaner onto a rag and rub it on the surface. If your carpet has a design, then try spraying a liquid cleaning solution on it. This will provide an even coat that will easily clean off your floor. If you plan to use a cleaner, make sure to read the instructions before getting started to ensure that you are working safely with the floor.
* The surface of your floor can have a wide range of grit from very smooth to extremely rough. There are some products on the market that are specially designed for the purposes of cleaning hardwood floors. If you are still unsure as to how to clean a hardwood floor, then talk to a professional contractor. They can help you with any questions or problems you may have with your hardwood floor.
* Hardwood floors tend to attract many allergens, so make sure to keep your house free of allergens while you are cleaning your floor. Don’t forget to check the cracks in your floor and cracks between the floor and the wall. If you have pets, your cleaning time may be even longer! It is best to check your carpet for stains and other telltale signs that you may have pets. If you find that you have a stain or other evidence of the pet’s fur, then call a professional carpet cleaner and ask them to check out your area.
* For your first carpet cleaning session, you can use an old soft cloth to wipe the surface. If you are not confident with doing this yourself, then you can also rent a carpet cleaner from your local carpet store or home improvement store. Make sure to read the directions carefully to ensure that you are following the proper cleaning methods. Remember, if you are unsure about the directions, ask a professional before starting.
* Your first step when cleaning a hardwood floor is to add some mild cleansers like Listerine or white vinegar into a spray bottle. Follow this with a light soap, preferably acrylic-based. You can also make a solution with a mixture of water and non-toxic chemicals like household cleaners or dishwashing liquid and apply it to the surface.
In order to get the most out of your carpet cleaning efforts, you should always pre-condition your hardwood floor. To do this, simply add a spray bottle of water to some table salt or baking soda. Once you have applied the cleaner, sprinkle the same ingredients evenly over the entire floor and let it soak for several minutes. When the cleaner has completely soaked into the floor, you can remove the solution and vacuum the floor using a high-efficiency vacuum cleaner.